Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
– Childhood Educator Assistant
– Outside School Hours Aide
– Preschool Assistant
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
– Childhood Education Manager
– Outside School Hours Coordinator
– Lead Educator in long day care, child care centres, occasional care
– Family Day Care Educator
– Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program, working with a teacher
– Supervisor roles in ACECQA approved services.
– Early Childhood Teacher (for those holding Primary Teaching qualifications. See also the Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program)
– Other education-based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.